Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today we discussed cost effectiveness of DE with an IM chat session again.  That was great except I got kicked out of the session several times so my contribution was very MINIMAL!

We learned some really cool tools again.  One new thing that I know I'll use is the apture.com site.  It will allow me to have "roll over" to open little windows to the sites and links I have on my webpage.  We looked at the possibility of using edublogs especially for the classroom.

Today we also learned about Connect Pro (Breeze) and Captivate which both have a free 30 day trial period.  They allow professional looking, interactive, animated presentations that could be used in an online course or virtual classroom.  The costs on those programs are quite expensive though--from $700-$10,000 depending on how many users and locations are used.

We all set up Facebook accounts and had a lot of fun with that.  I have MANY more "friends" after today.  Our class has a wiki beginning today that has ideas of what our final projects for this class might be.   I'll be watching for some good ideas coming from my cohorts because right now I really have not a clue what to do!  More tomorrow...

No comments: